"I know. If we use them in class, they get pouched. Yes, it's a verb now."
― Sydney to Max about cell phones
How Sydney Got Her Phone Back is the twenty first and final episode in Season 1 of Sydney to the Max. It first aired on July 23, 2019 along with Dancin' the Vida Loca, to 0.51 million viewers.
When a cell phone ban policy during school hours goes up for a vote, Sydney is sure her dad, who's on the Parent School Committee, will vote against it. When Max’s skateboard is taken by the school principal, he goes to some serious lengths to get his most prized possession back.
- Traciann McKenzil as Jimmy's mom
- Jaclyn Lyons as Kayla's mom
- Angela (Sophia's mom) being overly strict and controlling is shown again in "Night Not at the Museum" where she pressures Max to not back down on his punishment for Syd.
- The episode title is a play on the 1998 romantic comedy-drama film How Stella Got Her Groove Back.
- Disney Channel's K.C. Undercover also referenced this title with "How K.C. Got Her Swag Back".
- This is the final episode of Season 1.
- This is the second episode where Sophia appears without Emmy.
- It is revealed Max is on parent committee.
- It is revealed Vice Principal Virmani was the Vice-Principal while Max was still in 7th grade, 27 years ago.